What has happened and is continuing to happen didn’t happen just this year. The pandemic, the protests, the “I want it now” mentality and the something for nothing character have been intentionally developed, without understanding the future potentialities.
Let’s take a look at a few things and their potential outcome and current events today.
- Plastics (large use started in the 1960’s) – Increase in landfill, waste and pollution
- U.S. Manufacturing decrease (started about 1980) – Decrease in the physical work creativity and the ethic found in the act of physical labor
- Processed foods (started in 1950’s) – Leading to lower nutrition and increase in cancers and other health issues and increases in deaths because of inadequate nutrition.
- Urban migrations (54% of world live in Urban areas (up 30% from 1950)) – Leading to less self-sufficiency and new generations losing the knowledge and experience of farm or small town lifestyles.
- Child upbringing – Diminishing education & preparedness for sustainable future life, Lessening of consequences for actions
- Decline of church enrollment – Attitudes, protests leading to riots, looting, physical harm when the moral character which Jesus provides for families in the church can provide
- Neighborhood – The sense of community is limited to just a couple families next door losing potential to strengthen community involvement with your neighbors which builds bonds and relationships
- Technology – The greatest achievement in the 21st century is limiting our ability to interact on a in person level, perform physical activity, interact with the outdoors and negatively impacts child rearing and distracts those that use it from many experiences from the past
The ability to do and be. These depend on if you actually do or are those things. So many I have encountered believe because they can (or can’t) think of doing something, believe they can (or can’t). Yes you may be able to, but you have to actually perform the action to know you can. Even if it is something you believe will have no value or provide nothing in return to you or anyone else, this should not matter.
Actually doing, is a learning experience. It can be used for future reference, a conversation with someone else about that experience. Helping someone to do what you know and they do not, or them helping you with something they did which you are wanting or trying to do.
Creating a better way or inventing or modifying a tool while you are doing to make it easier or even an invention or develop a business to provide a service for it… the possibilities, creativeness strength building, friendships are unlimited. And when were actually doing, and not only for ourselves, we remove the idle time many of us have to complain, and in contrast, be thankful for what we have, can do, can be and share it with others. Thank you